Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slow progress....

...... but happy about any species added during the week!

The wall behind the back door of my house has produced again with this:






Lauria cylindracea as far as I can see - a tick for me. A Great Black-backed Gull was also a long overdue addition to the square as was any Spider species:

Pholcus phalangioides
Daddy Long Legs Spider was my first ever spider! Again, found by my son not me.....

Finally, another snail - Clausillia bidentata, or at least I think. Juveniles are apparently more conical.

Adults look like this:

This species was the one that tipped me over the edge into Pan Species Listing. Quite common outside my back door, I noticed the first last summer and couldn't believe that I knew so little about snails that I had never seen one this shape which made me think that I knew nothing about most of our wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment