Monday, April 1, 2013

Guernsey ladybird query

I found a small ladybird-type beetle on the inside window frame of our kitchen the other day - only about 2mm long. Searching the internet, mainly here: http://www.kerbtier.de/cgi-bin/enFSearch.cgi?Fam=Coccinellidae , I came up with a type of Scymnus. Looking at the Guernsey beetle list, it has only frontalis and possibly auritus on it, and this doesn't especially look like either, looking more like interruptus - but this is just picture-matching. I would be grateful of any advice on how to progress. Cheers.


A couple of extra pics:


1 comment:

  1. Via twitter, I have been given some help by Ian Beavis who reckons it is Scymnus interruptus, which confirms my initial guess. This is a new species for the Channel Islands it seems. Score!

    ReplyDelete