Monday, August 26, 2013

90.8% for Durham

It's been a good month for the list and despite being away in Croatia for a while, I've gone past the 90% mark today.
As with many others it's been the moth trap that's been most productive and even giving me a couple of new ones for the garden including Ipimorpha subtusa (Olive) and  Mompha raschkiella  
 Having said that I am most pleased with the butterflies, having got everything I expected for in the square and after a fair bit of searching adding both White-letter and Purple Hairstreak to the 1ksq list. I knew they were both lurking somewhere, but to get 22 species in my square I'm really delighted and it's all thanks to this little challenge,  which is a joy.
 I'm also way past my expected bird list (by ten!) including a fly-over Yellow Wagtail yesterday which I thought I had dipped on as a bird in the spring did a U-turn meters away from the boundary. But not this one.
So it's the final straight and with me not back to work till next week and bit of effort I should not have to rely too much on bryophytes & fungi in the late autumn.






Actual Expected
Birds   80 70
Vascular Plants   320 395
Mosses & Liverworts  41 50
Lichens   12 12
Fungi & Slime Moulds   13 20
Terrestrial Mammals   7 8
Butterflies   22 20
Moths   262 336
Dragonflies   9 9
Hoverflies   25 25
Other inverts   115 50
Amphibians & Reptiles   2 5
Aggregates & hybrids (not included)    21        
TOTAL 908 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment