Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Dalgety Bay - quickie update - 563

A quick update between trips. Total 563. A nice day at NMS last week with Olga Sivell (Calliphoridae lady, nee Retka) sorted out my Pollenias. P.labialis is out ("when you see it you won't be in any doubt") and P.angustigena is in. Unfortunately I left my identified specimens there by picking up the wrong box - doh!

I did get to recurate the Pollenia amentarias which was fun and it's always good to see the "flies of the greats"

When you're looking for a PV seta, Percy's to blame


shiny new plastazote box

Snowing here today. Sooooper ...

I've heard two Bombus individuals this year, both of which flew behind me and I never laid eyes on them! April! No bees! Unbelievable.

Anyway, my aim for this year is still only to record 1000 species. I have no aspirations beyond that! A lot has gone my way so far for sure but when my targets change I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment