Monday, April 9, 2018

Dalgety Bay

After a nice break sipping mojitos in 20 degrees it was time to knuckle down when I got back yesterday. I set to bashing the spruce and setting the moth trap. A quick walk this morning and I could feel the haemolymph filling my wing veins again (sorry - Butterfly Isles was my holiday reading!)

First out the bush were Ten-spot Ladybird and Platybunus pinetorum, which looks a good record and new to county (SRS linky). A fine night at the MV produced c.40 moths of 5 spp. plus a Double-striped Pug and Beautiful Plume caught during a brief lamp-walk. This morning scooped Meadowsweet and Pignut and a pair of #patchgold Pintails which took off from the bay and headed off north as I approached. These are the second species new to my Bay list this year, though they've been recorded here before.





So, back on track, the numbers, with a couple from before I left:
567 liverwort Calypogeia muelleriana A liverwort
568 moss Hypnum resupinatum A moss
569 * harvestman Platybunus pinetorum A harvestman
570 coleoptera Adalia decempunctata 10-spot Ladybird
571 lep-moth Gymnoscelis rufifasciata Double-striped Pug
572 lep-moth Anorthoa munda Twin-spotted Quaker
573 lep-moth Amblyptilia acanthadactyla Beautiful Plume
574 lep-moth Eriocrania subpurpurella  Common Oak Purple
575 flowering plant Filipendula ulmaria Meadowsweet
576 flowering plant Conopodium majus Pignut
577 bird Anas acuta Pintail

And one from the holidays. An old classic:


3 comments:

  1. Thought you'd been a bit quiet, Ali. See anything good on your break? Your post reminds me that I should be able to get Eriocrana subpurpurella here, just got to remember to go look for it once we see the sun again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family break in Paris, and away weekend before too. I was committed to being on family holiday so I had to suppress any nature-bothering instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll swap you my cuckoos for your ladybirds. I have a single sighting up here - 1x Larch Ladybird sunning on a fencepost. That's it!

    ReplyDelete